- Visit Old Downtown Salida. Downtown Salida has the most square footage of Historical Buildings of any Town in Colorado.
- Go River Rafting or Tubing on the Arkansas River.
- Take a Shuttle to Monarch Pass to practice on the Continental Divide Trail and Green Creek Trail.
- Go Fishing. There are 5 accessible lakes on the East side of Monarch Pass.
- Fish on the Arkansas River.
- Visit Cottonwood, Mt. Princeton or Joyful Journey Hot Springs.
- Take a Guided Mountain Bike Tour
- Rent a Jeep from Rocky Mountain Jeep Rentals and visit High Mountain Passes
- Visit Local Downtown Bars
- Go Shopping at Fat Tees Downtown for some cool Salida T-Shirts
- The Ponderosa Lodge is currently BYOB
Some of our Favorites:
River Rafting from Mild to Wild, the class IV rapids of Browns Canyon to a leisurely float down the Arkansas River. With a group or in a Kayak.
INFO on Rafting here: IndependentRafting.com
Hot Springs, you have your choice of Rustic Cottonwood , the Adult Pool and drinks at Mt. Princeton or the Holistic Joyful Journey.
Massages, Spa’s & pampering and lodging are available.
MOUNTAIN BICYCLE Rental, Shuttle & Guides
Mountain bike rentals and a shuttle up the mountain are available from Absolute Bikes in downtown Salida.
ROCKY MOUNTAIN JEEP RENTALS
Anderson Motors/Rocky Mountain Jeep Rentals will help you get offroad, off the beaten path and experience all that Colorado has to offer. Rocky Mountain Jeep Rentals also offers guided tours to old mines, ghost towns or rockhounding with experienced guides.
Have you ever wanted to…
- Travel to the high mountain lakes or traverse passes high above timberline?
- Step back in history to the remote mining camps of the 1800’s?
- Travel over narrow gauge railroad beds converted to 4×4 roads?
- Visit ghost towns straight out of the Wild West?
- Have a blast with your family and friends in the mountains?